Introducing Sterling 2023:
View the works of NBCCD’s jewellery/metal arts studio!
Join us at the Sterling Exhibit 2023! This exciting event is sponsored annually by Gallery 78 and presents handcrafted collections by the first- and second-year students of the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design’s jewellery/metal arts studio.
Free admission and open to the public. Visit Government House from April 26 – June 2, 2023 to view the finely crafted works of New Brunswick’s emerging metal artists at the Sterling Exhibit 2023.
Something catch your eye? Many of the students’ works are available for purchase through Gallery 78. Support local!
Browse the collection
Rebecca Blankert – Sarah Bonenfant – Cameron Carson – Adam Chappel – Emily Dao – Ariel Dufour – Becca Hanley – Marianna Lewis – Isel Perez Lopez – Min Peng – Shaghayegh Radmehr – De-Anne Sack – Danielle Thorn
Every year, Sterling partner, Gallery 78, awards prizes to exceptional Jewellery/Metal Arts students with promising futures.
One to Watch Award (cash prize): De-Anne Sack
- Awarded to a first-year student who has already developed a unique voice and technical proficiency.
- Note from Gallery 78: “We were quite taken with every piece created by De-Anne, and we cannot wait to see what she creates next!”
Best Collection Award (cash prize): Ariel Dufour
- Awarded to an artist who created a line of work that not only carried a shared aesthetic with great technical proficiency, but manages to also make each piece unique.
- Note from Galley 78: “Ariel created a beautiful line that is both seamlessly congruent while honouring individuality.”
David & Nancy Holt Memorial Award (cash prize): Min Peng
- Awarded in the spirit of supporting artists’ ventures.
- Note from Gallery 78: “Min Peng’s decoratively functional pieces of a cup, fork and spoon set, and tea strainer were considered the best in show.”
Inge Pataki Excellence Award (cash prize and an opportunity for a future exhibition with Gallery 78): Shaghayegh Radmehr
- Awarded to an artist for excellence in their craft. This award takes into consideration excellence in craftsmanship, originality, having a unique “voice”, having an engaging design aesthetic, imagination, and an understanding of functionality.
- Note from Gallery 78: Shaghayegh shows vision and fearlessness with a great eye for architectural and design aesthetic.