Living expenses will depend upon individual preference, but here are some estimates of annual costs:
- Accommodations & Utilities —
- Single occupancy total cost = $15,400 annually
- Rent:: $1,200 / month
- Utilities (heat, light, wifi): $60-$200/month (varies seasonally)
- Shared apartment total cost = $8,400 annually
- Rent: $500-$700 / month
- Utilities: $50-$100 / month
- Food and incidentals — $6,000 ($500 per month) (varies depending on lifestyle)
Housing and Accommodation Resources
NBCCD does not offer on-campus housing. However, we are located in the heart of downtown Fredericton, making it very convenient to find housing and giving you access to many shops, galleries, parks, restaurants and other amenities. Here are some sites and tips to help you secure living arrangements:
- Kijiji.ca: Try searching “Apartments for rent” in Fredericton. You can make your search more specific by adding in key words like “one bedroom” or “two bedroom.” There are also often ads from other students in Fredericton who are looking for a roommate. If that interests you, try looking for “Room for rent.”
- Facebook Marketplace: You can search the same suggestions as above, just make sure you set your location to Fredericton, otherwise it will base it on where you’re currently located.
Students are able to apply to St. Thomas University’s student housing, situated uptown on campus. Learn more here. Please note that during COVID-19 this option will not be available to students.
If you’re coming to visit Fredericton, or you have a parent, guardian or friend coming to down, check out the links below for places to stay: